Sunday, May 11, 2008

8-Week Triniti, CJ's Celebratory Dinner, and My 1st Mother's Day!!!

*This weekend has just been one continuous celebration...I think my family in Tennessee will be delighted to see so many pictures of their Lil' Teacup in this post. This post holds some of the cutest pictures I have seen of Triniti yet...



~Look at that smile above...is it any wonder she melts her Mommy & Daddy's hearts every time a smile appears on her angelic face???~




~Yaaaaaaaaawn...her yawns are bigger than her body half the time.~




~Ha Ha Mommy...I got the mitten off my hand when you weren't looking.~


~Now does everyone believe me when I say that Triniti LOVES bathtime?? She gets SO excited, she flaps her arms all around and her eyes get enormous!~


~After bath time?? Not so much...she hates being cold!~






~Mommy & Her 8-Week-Old Princess!~



~CJ went shopping for his little girl at the Disney Store yesterday and came home with this adorable hat to match a dress...but we were so impressed with how the hat matches the pants she was wearing!~



~Daddy also had to get her some sunglasses...the picture below has officially become one of my all-time favorite pictures of Triniti!!! Look at that face...oh my gosh!~





*To help celebrate CJ finishing his college career, I surprised him with a celebratory dinner at The Melting Pot in Chicago. We went there for our first anniversary, and he's been begging to go back ever since. I told him it's a "special occasion" restaurant and that we would have to wait to return for a special occasion. I thought him finishing college was special occasion enough!

*A little background on The Melting Pot (for those who have never been there), it's a 4-course fondue restaurant. We started with cheese fondue (dipping apples, bread, chips, and veggies in a fiesta cheese), went on to our own salad (Spinach Mushroom for CJ; House for Moi), then on to the main course of TONS of various meats to cook ourselves in a Mojo broth (citrus flavors mixed with garlic and cilantro), finished by a chocolate fondue (dipping strawberries, bananas, brownies, cheesecake, pound cake, marshmallows, and rice krispy treats in a chocolate/peanut butter sauce). The pictures don't do justice for the actual experience of it all...but here are a few pictures to remember our night with...

~CJ is about to eat his Granny Smith appled dipped in fiesta cheese.~




~Above is some of the meat left that we still had to cook...filet mignon, pork roast, teriyaki steak, vanilla rum chicken, lemon peppered shrimp, and butternut squash ravioli).~

~Look at the steam coming out of that pot!!!~


~Mmmm...the dessert!~



*And to finish our weekend...I got to celebrate my very first Mother's Day as a Mommy today! Mother's Day definitely took on a whole new meaning, and CJ made me feel so special from the moment I woke up. Take a peak into my day...


~When CJ heard me get up, he greeted me with a kiss, a "Happy Mother's Day," and these awesome gargantuan balloons above. I've never seen balloons this big...and the second balloon has 4 balloons sticking out from the main one...how cool!~


~He then gave me the card above to open up...it was very heartfelt and sweet. (Yes, I did shed a tear or two...or maybe three).~


~Then came the gifts...first, I have flavored lipgloss. If Triniti was older, I'm sure I'd share it with her, but for now, it's all mine. You can ask CJ at a later time which flavor is his favorite. ;) ~





*Below are the FOUR dresses that CJ blessed me with for my Mother's Day gift. It's really awesome because I seriously only have two dresses, and we have three weddings to attend this summer...so CJ has given me something different to wear to all three events!~





*And finally, below, we were able to celebrate Mother's Day after Church with one of our Mom's. Obviously mine is in Tennessee (but will be here on Wednesday night!!!), so we took CJ's Mom out for lunch. I chose Mexican, so we went to Jalapeno's.


*I know that every loving Mother on this Earth feels she has the greatest child(ren), and I am no different. I believe in my heart of hearts that God gave me the very best child for me! I am SO in love with Triniti...and I am blessed to be her Mommy. These very fast past 8 weeks have been filled with the utmost joy and excitement a Mom could ever hope for. I would first like to thank God, once again, for choosing me as Triniti's Mom. Last Mother's Day as CJ and I were sitting in the service at Living Word Church, he put his arm around me and whispered in my ear, "Next Mother's Day, you'll be a Mom." I smiled at him and prayed it would be true. And I couldn't be more thankful a year later. Secondly, I would like to thank my dear husband...without him, life wouldn't be the same. CJ is always there to compliment me and make me feel great about every area of my life. And he always showers me with gifts for every special holiday. Thanks Babe for all that you do...you have been and always will be my #1 (after God, of course). I love you!!!

3 comments:

becs said...

Well, my mom and I have been sitting her enjoying your post today! We love all the details that you share. You even made me shed a tear. We love you guys!

Kathy said...

The picture of her with her glasses on, OMW so cute

Anonymous said...

Hey! Does Triniti have a license to be that cute? In Illinois, I am quite certain that it's considered a public hazard to be that cute. Kathy knows, ask her. I'm certain she had to get a license for Abigail.

Happy Mothers Day to all you mothers out there!


-Scott J.