Saturday, March 21, 2009

Triniti's 12-Month Checkup...

*Triniti had her 12-month checkup this past Thursday. She received three shots and unfortunately suffered from a fever on into Friday evening. On a happier note, after she receives another round of shots at her 15-month appointment in June, she will be DONE with shots until Kindergarten. Woo Hoo!!!

I know not many people got a chance to vote on my most recent poll for Triniti's current height/weight, but here it is anyway...She is 29 inches tall and weighs 21 lbs., 5 oz. I thought for sure she'd weigh more than that...especially after she ate and ate (and ate) all day before her doctor's appointment that evening. She falls in the 50th percentile for both height and weight, and the doctor is impressed with the amount of words Triniti can say.

Speaking of words, I promised in a previous post that I would let you know what words Triniti can say at the ripe age of one. Her vocabulary development really took off this past month. She started repeating a lot of words that she would hear CJ or me say, so I took full advantage and started teaching her 2-3 words each day. She can say the following 63 words:

apple, auntie, amen, all done, bye bye, birthday, baby, bible, balloon, bless you, ball, block, boom, cookie, cheerios, cheese, choo choo, clean up, cupcake, daddy, daddy @ work, diaper, doggy, eyes, five (hi-5), God, gentle, good girl, hi, hot, I Love You, Jesus, Josh, juice, mama, milk, lena (for muffalena, one of her nicknames), mmm, meow, moo, money, ow, pappaw, pizza, play, please, pretty, pooh pooh, paci, pray, ruff ruff, shhh, shoe, turtle, two, thank you, triniti, tight, up, woah, wow, what, water.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And, what a joy it was to FINALLY hear my niece say "auntie" on the last day. We only worked on it all week long, but my siser said "pizza" once and she repeated immediately. Go figure. She is the most precious baby ever.

Gram said...

She has not OFFICIALLY said "Auntie" until she says "Gram", just so you know...

Come on Doll-Baby, you can do it... say "Gram... Gram... G-G-G-Gram!"

You all should hear her say "Pappaw" ~ it sounds like "Pappoo", but it melts Larry's heart, just the same.