Thursday, June 07, 2007

Update on my car situation...

Thank you all so much for your positive comments, prayers, and generous offers! You all are great, and I appreciate you. As for my car, it is still in front of my house. My street will be hosting a block party tomorrow night, and I'm wondering how they are going to feel about a wrecked vehicle in the way?!? Hmmm...

I called a car repair shop (Cars Collision) and Enterprise rent-a-car today to see if I had any rights to go ahead on my own and still make the other insurance company pay for it. Unfortunately, I do not. Cars Collision sort of "laughed" and said he won't even take my car because of the insurance company that I am dealing with. Needless to say, that wasn't encouraging. He also said that I should expect to wait at least another 2-3 weeks because this particular insurance company doesn't do anything in a timely manner. The guy at Enterprise kind of chuckled after I told him which insurance company I was trying to deal with as well. Not a good sign, huh?!?

I called an attorney that I used to go to Church with. I'm wondering if there is anything that can be done from a legal standpoint. I haven't heard back from him yet, so I'll wait. I can't believe nothing has happened in my favor after 5 full days. "Everyone" I talk to keeps telling me I need to just go with my own insurance company, Progressive. But since CJ and I are trying to save all of our money since we're buying a new home next month, we don't just have an extra $500 to spend on a claim that isn't even our fault. I know life is unfair...and you have to live with what you're dealt, but this is just so frustrating!

Again, thank you all for your prayers and support. Kelly...if you're reading this, I promise to call you if I need you. Thanks!!!

Onto better things...today was my last day of the school year!!!!!!! It felt SO good to end this year today. As I was praying this morning, I was just thanking God for giving me so much strength this year...without it, I never would have made it. I get a 3-day weekend and then professional development begins for summer school teachers on Monday (only 8-12 Monday-Thursday). I'm really looking forward to summer school this year...I think it will be an exciting time. And it will keep me occupied while CJ is at work all day as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea, when you told me what insurance company the girl had, I thought it would be like this. I want to say that the company she has is more of the cheesy cheap places that they advertise on TV with really cheap commercials. Hopefully it will all work out in your favor though!! You are in our prayers!!