*When I was a very young girl, my Dad got laid off from Ford numerous times. Since my Mom was a stay-at-home Mom, they didn't have an extra income to rely on during those times. With a mortgage, two children, diapers, etc., times were tough for my parents. I was too young to remember those times or know what was going on...but I can remember countless stories told to me in my older years of God's faithfulness to our family during the tough times of unemployment. My parents never paid a bill late, never lost any of their possessions, and we never had to go without the necessities. God also provided for them in "mysterious" ways. The job my Dad finally did land at an oil refinery was deemed impossible by many people. There were so many reasons why my Dad would not get this job. But you know what? There was only ONE reason that my Dad did get that job, and it was because of God. We know that the God we serve is the God of the impossible.
After reading my "It Wasn't a Surprise to God" blog post on Facebook last week, someone left a comment suggesting that I keep track of God's blessings during CJ's time of unemployment. Seeing that there have already been two very specific blessings, I think keeping track is a wonderful thing to do. Like the young child I was when my Dad was unemployed, Triniti will also not remember these times when she gets older. However, I look forward to showering her with stories of God's faithfulness as my parents did to me.
My parents didn't have the Internet back in the late 70's/early 80's, so they couldn't post God's faithfulness on a Blog and Facebook for "the world" to see. But since this is 2009, why not take advantage and share testimonies of God's greatness? I know that what is written below is only the beginning...God has so much more in store for us...I wait in anticipation...
1. Last Thursday CJ told me he was going to stop at a car parts' store to buy me a new brake light. I wasn't sure how much it was going to cost, but I kept my mouth shut and just trusted God that CJ wouldn't have to spend much money. He came home and informed me that the man at the car parts' store gave him the light for FREE! Now, maybe these lights are only a few dollars, I'm not sure, but obviously we know that isn't the point. God chose to bless us through this man...we will take blessings however God chooses to give them...no blessing is too small.
2. CJ really prefers one particular brand of dinner rolls that my Mom turned us on to last year. I've been buying them religiously ever since, but they can get kind of pricey, and they don't last in our house very long at all. So I haven't bought them for a few weeks (even before CJ lost his job). I was feeling rather sympathetic towards CJ today because I knew I would be cooking pasta for dinner tonight...and how can one eat pasta without bread? :) So I decided to stop at the grocery store and indulge in a pack of his favorite dinner rolls. I was hoping they would be on sale, but no, I had to pay the full price. Imagine my surprise when I got home, opened up the bag to take out a few for tonight's dinner, and there appeared to be more than the normal ten rolls. I decided to pull out each roll, one at a time, to count. I quickly got to 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15...16 rolls!!! How, as a Christian, can I not believe for one second that I did not get 6 extra rolls by coincidence...they were a blessing from GOD!
*You better believe I am praying for more blessings to keep updating my Blog with...I'll keep you posted. In the mean time, if you are going through a trying time right now, keep your head up, increase your level of faith, and believe that God can and WILL do what others deem impossible. We serve a mighty God...there is NOTHING too big or challenging for Him. Thank you God!
2 comments:
Let me contain myself and dry my tears so that I can see the keyboard and leave a comment...
Whew! MY BIBLE says that "Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow" and that is so true!
As parents, we hurt when you hurt, however, we KNOW that God loves you far more than we do; He WILL keep you in the palm of His hand.
We remember our own "tough times" like they were yesterday... God has always taken care of our family in such wonderful ways. To Him be all the glory!
We know He is proud of you both for your attitude and faith; we certainly are. Keep lookin' up!!
We do have a great God. I never in a million years thought we would be able to survive on Leif's income alone and guess what, we did! God certainly does use many avenues to bless us each and every day! I don't doubt for a second that there are many more to come!
Post a Comment